2011-05-06

Ode to Kenny

Where does the word Keatsian hail from, oh dear Sir Kenny
did it form in your own inner mind, this seemingly self-crafted word
Where is the word Duffian, in this dictionary of ours i find not any
though neither of this Keatsian word, i have merely heard

The inner workings of your mind bewilder me great mentor
For poetry is not only not my forte, but confuses me immensely
the feeling of a whale in the middle of Wollongong, far from it's place in the world
the words take on new meaning as you study them intensely
flying from the page, to my ear, they are hurled

Somehow taking on meaning in some of our minds, we study it and explore it
Viewing it indeed, as a beautifully sounding stanza, but still meaning nothing to me as i sit.

My true poetry talents, thank you all. take that Adam, my poetry is worse than yours!

5 comments:

  1. Daaaaawwwww. Shaun has a crush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder what Kenny's reaction would be if he sees this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, i'm not sure.. he thinks my name is scott anyway so meh.. (reference to him calling me scott in class today, *sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, Scott, awkward... He covered it well though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like your poetry better... it makes me laugh rather than feel depressed.... and he called you scott? lol. totes awkward.

    ReplyDelete