2011-05-06

Final Light

I think it was her smile that first captured me. It wasn't hinting anything, just a gentle one that promised that the world would be a perfect place. It was hard to not to smile back as all earthly chains are cast off, and worries and doubt are nothing but a sad memory of the past. This girl... or was it an angel? A goddess? It wouldn't be an exaggeration with her eyes, her hair... Who am I kidding? How do you describe an unearthly perfection? A perfection that was born from the high heavens and untainted by the sins and fears of mankind.
I remembered that I had never approached her. Why? I think it was because I was a coward, forever hiding behind the shadows of my friends and above all, fearing rejection. Worse, this was all in a dream. God, I'm such a loser...

Upon waking up, a myriad of emotions had hit me. Contentment at having been in the presence of this eternally beautiful girl. Hopeless longing touched and consumed me as I realized that such perfection was forever out of my reach.
Just what do you do after a dream like that? Do you go on cursing the world for being such a dark and cruel place after being exposed to something so divine? Or do you silently make a pledge and hope to bring the light out again?

Whatever. That all sounded pretty cheesy, and probably what you would find in a cheap romance novel. But then again... I suppose we should just look up and remain positive and hope we all get there to the end.

P.S. Don't worry, there will be more snark next time. I haven't died. Yet.
P.P.S. Oh wait. More whinging alert. I remembered something about the people that we see in our dreams - how none of them are made up, and they're simply faces we've seen somewhere, but blast it, the chances of ever finding that girl is slim. And Adam, if I was you, I'll be careful about that figure in your nightmare. I would hate it if he existed.

5 comments:

  1. adam was probably just dreaming about a bad hospital visit... i have them sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... except that most surgeons don't choose to haunt you in carparks. Surgeons may cut you up to save you, but I suspect that the guy in Adam's nighmare simply want to cut him up for the sake of cutting people into little bits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I do have a general fear of hospitals. As well as old peoples home, morgues, asylum and circus. Basically, anywhere that shows human's loosing their... well, humanity for lack of a better (and I don't care what you guys say. Clowns do not have a soul, they are not human, not anymore)

    ReplyDelete
  4. But funnily enought, I'm actually not afraid of the cemetery. Hell, not real somewhere I'd want to go for a fun trip but I reckon their pretty cool places.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure go ahead. Desecrate the graves of dead people by trampling all over them. I'm sure it won't create some form of death sentence for us all.

    ReplyDelete