2011-05-04

Ghost Hunting.

I want to go somewhere haunted. I like fear, it boosts up adrenline, gets the blood pumping. Or maybe I just like being lost in emotion. Fear is the easiest one to get lost in, that or love. I get lost in a love a bit to much. I should step back objectively at emotions and take a look.

Don't think I'll have time to watch Blade Runner tonight (made me so sad). Will do tomorrow or, at the worst, friday. I'm actually really looking forward to it. Also, I need to set aside some time for some serious reading. I've barely made any headway into Phillip K Dick.

On a side note, school. BAH! Really can't stand it. It's to much, except for Literature, if I didn't have that school would be such a drag.

Speaking of Lit. I took a hand at writing a poem. I enjoyed, I might write some more and hope I get a lot better at it.

Here it is, I'd love ot hear your opinions on it:

At its core, it is pedestrian.

Or maybe just something of innocence

Watching from the corner is a Samaritan

Unable to attain the truth of his incompetence.

One man walks away

Into darkness or into light

While the second man simply waits

Lost in his self attained blight.

Fallen from grace and humility

And into corruption

Lost all its humanity

Without a hope of salvation

Or maybe it’s just me,

Lost in this godforsaken nightmare.

4 comments:

  1. Ya know. In hindsight. I shouldn't have called this post Ghost Hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meh. there are ghost hunts/tours in the city you can go on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. far better poem than i imagined.
    well done adam :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks mate. :) But it's not good. Medioce. I mean, asethetically it's fine, it kind of rhytms, the structuring is good but it doesn't feel authentic if you know what I mean. It doesn't feel like there is an emotional backing to it. It's written like some afterthought not an emotion. Well, actually thats the problem with it, it's written but not felt.

    ReplyDelete